Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

Summer Projects, Continued

The newest addition to our dining room:




















Long story short: my grandpa had a bunch of old window frames from a house he was remodeling and I was lucky enough to save a couple before he took them to the dump.

I scraped and cleaned it up, applied three coats of Behr Interior Paint + Primer and voila, a masterpiece for our dining room. Rob helped me hang it with four heavy duty picture hangers (we drilled them directly into the frame and then drilled large screws into studs in the wall - it's not going anywhere!).

It's not completely symmetrical, but I love it: flaws and all!

PS
The brown paint on the dining room wall extends into the living room and it is relatively new, too. I didn't blog then (silly me), so I didn't take very many before and after pictures. Believe me, the after pictures are much nicer!

Look for more soon!
-F

No comments:

Post a Comment