Pages

Monday, December 2, 2013

December Photo Challenge

Thank you, Pinterest, for a December (how is it December already?) Photo Challenge.



Day 1: 8 o'clock

I am so very thankful for a husband who says, "I'll put it (an IKEA dresser that has no-word directions) together for you...at 8 o'clock...on a Sunday night."




Day 2: Peace

Peace is a classroom before students (and other staff members) arrive. 




Day 3: Something You Held

Starbucks and Sanpellegrino helped me hold my tongue while grading (or as all my UK colleagues say, "marking") sixth grade autobiographies. 


Day 3: Black and White

This is one of the scavenger cats in our appartment complex. Poor thing - cat food just got added to my grocery list.

Day 5: Looking Up

Our apartment building is humongous. 


Day 6: From Where I Live

At a school assembly, my sixth grade class performed a traditional dance. They were embarrassed because "Miss, we danced like babies. Not good." Even though they did mess up a couple of times, nothing can take away from the excitement, color, and life that they exhibited. 


Day 7: Stars

You can't see the stars in Abu Dhabi City. It's one of the things that I miss the most about Idaho.

Day 8: Someone You Love

This guy. Nuff said.



Day 9: Out and About

I miss my girlfriends from back home and our "nail dates" - thank goodness, though, for a little bit of out and about pampering.



Day 10: Under

Yas Island Tunnel - One of our favorite spots in Abu Dhabi.



Day 11: Sweet

Chocolates from National Day - delicious!



Day 12: Hat

I actually didn't take this picture. But I miss our little dogs and all their accessories! 



Day 13: Lights

Christmas decorations - Abu Dhabi style.



Day 14: Something Green 

Christmas tree lighting at Yas Marina - hooray for a real, green tree.


Day 15: Outdoors

Are we in a Star Wars film? Seriously, where do we live?


Day 16: Something You Made

For Thanksgiving, I made two pumpkin pies for the first time. Since then, I haven't made a single thing. Unless you count sandwiches for lunch. I'm really good at that...not really, Rob normally makes our lunches. 


Day 17: On the Floor

Yeah...I got nothing. The only thing on my floor is clothes. Because I need to do laundry. 

But it is Christmas break and I don't do laundry over Christmas break, or at least I haven't yet. 

Day 18: Makes You Feel Merry


Day 19: Something Beginning with an "S"



Day 20: Weather


Day 21: Tree



Day 22: Decoration

Some swag from our trip to Dubai. 



Day 23: Joy is (fill in the blank)

Day 24: Tradition

Day 25: Lunchtime

Day 26: Mess

Day 27: How You Relax

Day 28: Cold

Day 29: Hot

Day 30: Something that made me smile this year

Day 31: Self-portrait

So, I didn't get a picture for every day. Maybe completing one of these Photo Challenges will be my New Year's Resolution? Nah, probably not. 

-F



No comments:

Post a Comment